Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Penguins-Capitals: 'Til Game 7 Do Us Part

Could this series have been scripted any better? Is this really going to Game 7? All we can do is sit back and enjoy it. I don't know about you, but all series I have been toying back 'n forth on which team I was rooting for. I have a feeling there are alot of you out there with that same feeling. The best advice I can give to you is to just kick up your feet and soak in this historic game 7. We certainly don't know when we will be treated to another Crosby-Ovechkin playoff dual again, if ever. Whether this game lives up to the hype or not, the anticipation for the game is at a peak. But don't fret, it should be a very tight game, and I would be extremely surprised if it isn't tied or a one-goal game heading into the 3rd period. From that point forward, your guess is as good as mine.

And one more thing, I think we need to give both Crosby and Ovechkin some serious credit for living up to the hype. They have both played at a top notch level throughout the series, possibly even more so Crosby. Sidney has completely outshined Malkin, which isn't an easy task. In my view, the media incorrectly put him in front of Malkin as the key for the Penguins success in the series, yet Crosby answered the bell, stepped up to the plate, and has been the team's MVP by far in the past 6 games. My question is - How are Crosby or Ovechkin possibly going to be able to carry their intensity into the next round after this series? Talk about a let down, at least in Game 1 next round. Enjoy the game tonight.

1 comment: