Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hossa Was Asking For This

Marian Hossa jumped ship after last season. It was clear that he wanted the cup and didn't think he'd get it in Pittsburgh. Not only did he take a pass on Pittsburgh, but he only took a 1-year deal. And, yes, it was with the Detroit Red Wings, who he'd just lost to in the finals while playing with Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins. But who could really blame him for switching sides? It certainly would provide him with the best chance of getting his hands on the cup before he hits the open market and then inks a deal with the highest bidder, whether that team is a cup contender or not. There is really only one scenario in which Hossa would probably feel like he made the wrong decision. And that would be if there was a repeat finals of last year, with him being on the Detroit side instead. Yikes. I know this isn't totally his fault, but he was clearly asking for it. If I was a Pittsburgh fan, I would've been fuming when he signed with Detroit (talk about a spit in the face) and now I would be even more worked up about this trader. Talk about the ultimate payback though. And lets be honest, as shown in the photo, Crosby spilled his guts in last year's finals with Hossa at his side, so if you think Crosby doesn't have any hard feelings, you're dead wrong. I don't care what type of neutral answer he gives in his interviews, this guy would love to see Hossa go down here.

In the end, imagine if Detroit loses the finals to Pittsburgh and you're in Marian Hossa's shoes. What a disaster. If that scenario does come to fruition, he'll probably sign with Pittsburgh again over the summer. Okay...not really...right?

1 comment:

  1. No one in Pittsburgh wants that douchebag back.
    The day that I heard that he signed with Detroit I felt sick to my stomach. What a traitor. I can't wait to see him crushed by the Pens. I. Can't. Wait.
    Pens in 6.
    No goals for Maid Marian.

    ReplyDelete